Electronic Cigarette Liquid is just water, E-Liquid Base, flavorings and some percentage of pure nicotine or some other optional additives. You can make yourself your own E-Liquid easily with the following E-Liquid Materials to save your money and to have your own unique flavor.
For making your own electric cigarette liquid, what you need are the followings:
1. E-Liquid Base: such as Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin or PG400. You need to have FOOD GRADE Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG) as we provide here. The E-Liquid Base are the ingredients that creates the visible smoke/fog. In fact, this is the ingredient in smoke machine fluid that creates the smoke/fog.
2. Distilled Water: Filtered drinkable water is OK. Other water, such as tap water has too many chemicals to make it healthy to vaporize into your lungs.
3. E-Liquid Flavorings: You need to have FOOD GRADE, high temperature resistance and water soluble flavorings as we provide here. Other flavorings which have only room temperature resistance and contains either oil or sugars may not be suitable for smoking in a personal vaporizer.
4. Optional additives: such as E-Liquid Nicotine, herbs, or whatever additives for tobacco and herbal recipes.
You can put about 10%-20% of the flavor concentrate in your E-Liquid Base, depending on the followings:
- the E-Liquid Base,
- the Nicotine density,
- your personal flavoing intensity.
For your convenience, here we provide you the E-Liquid Calculator for you to DIY your own E-Liquid to save your money and to have your own unique flavor, according to the different nicotine density:
With the empty bottles and E-Liquid syringes you can easily control the composition and make you own E-Liquid according to your personal requirement for your e-cigarette.
For thicker smoke, use less water. While you are using e-cig in higher temperarue environment or hot season, use less water. If making a solution with additives, then leave out the water and use either a few drops of additive solution or more depending on strength and taste. You will have to experiment!
The flavor strengthness will be variable with the different E-Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities. You need to rejust the flavor strengthness with the different E-Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities with your personal preference. Normally you just need to put in 6%-8% of the flavoring concentrate in your E-Liquid depending on your personal strengthness of the flavor and the Nicotine density. For higher nicotine density, use a little more flavoring concentrate.
Remember that the nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E-Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml).
Remember successful mixing at home relies on some understanding of the basic principles when mixing your own E-Liquid recipe for your e cigarette.You should never mix in large batches unless you know for certain that you’re going to like the result. It is all too easy to over-dilute your e-liquid if you work on the whole bottleful at once, and ruin it. It is much safer (and cheaper,) to mix up small batches, so if it goes wrong, you can strengthen it with a few more drops, or mix it into a more palatable flavoured juice to use it up. You will also be able to try a lot more flavours with a single bottle if you make small batches.
Unless you like you flavours very strong, you will want to add some inert liquids to dilute your mixtures (these substances are called diluents). You may use the E-Liquid Base, alcohol and/or distilled/deionised water, according to preference though more than a drop or 2 of water is not advised – if the liquid is too runny, there is a greater risk of it leaking into batteries, and it will produce little vapour.
If your homemade E-liquid turns out great, then you could very well contemplate making a business of it!